GROUP THERAPY CONSENT, POLICIES AND AGREEMENT
All persons participating in group counseling must read and acknowledge this agreement. If you do not understand any part of this agreement, please ask any questions prior to your purchase. You may also receive a copy of this agreement, please ask your therapist if you would like to have one.
I hereby grant my permission for Creative Healing, to provide skill-building groups on a weekly basis over 8 weeks in the program.
Group counseling & therapeutic process: Participating in group counseling can result in numerous benefits, including improving interpersonal relationships and resolving the concerns that led you to seek group counseling. Working toward these benefits, however, requires active involvement, honesty and openness on your part.
Moreover, while group counseling is effective for many people and often leads to significant and lasting changes, there are some risks involved. Many people report discomfort during group counseling as they begin to look at areas in their life that aren’t working or not working as well as they would like them to. Sometimes undesirable feelings can emerge as one considers unpleasant, difficult or embarrassing subjects. The facilitator or group may suggest new and different ways of handling situations that may trigger upsets for you. Attempting to resolves tensions between yourself and others may lead to changes that were not originally intended. Moreover, a decision that is positive for one person can be viewed quite negatively by another. Change can happen quickly; but more often it can be slow, and even frustrating. For some people, problems may get worse before they get better. It is also possible that group counseling may not work for you. Even so, many people find that group counseling is worth the difficulty it may entail leading them to the intended results they are seeking.
- Anything said between any two or more group members at any time is part of the group and is confidential. I understand that everything said in this group is confidential and not to be shared with anyone outside of the group, except as may be otherwise required by law.
- I agree to keep confidential the names of other members of the group and what is said in the group. As a member of this group, I agree to not disclose to anyone outside the group any information that may identify another group member. This includes, but is not limited to, names, physical descriptions, biological information, and specifics to the content of interactions with other group members.
- I agree to indemnify and hold Creative Healing harmless for any loss or damages, including costs and attorney’s fees, incurred by Creative Healing as a result of my breach of another’s confidentiality
- Further information regarding these situations and my privacy rights has been provided in the Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information
I also understand that anything said in therapy is confidential, except for the following limitations:
- Child abuse and/or neglect (which include but are not limited to domestic violence in the presence of a child, child on child sexual acting out, physical abuse, etc)
- Vulnerable adult abuse or neglect
- Threats to harm oneself
- Threats regarding harm to another person
- A court subpoena
- My specific request, in writing, to disclose information regarding my psychotherapy to a third party
Please note that if you choose to send communications through text or email these communications are not protected and confidentiality cannot be assured.
Group Counseling Structure, Frequency & Guidelines:
DAY AND TIME: You are expected to attend your group meeting weekly on the day and time agreed upon at sign up.
PAYMENT: All payments are final. There are no refunds or prorated fees provided for missed groups.
LENGTH OF GROUP: The DBT Parenting Skills Group runs for 8 weeks. Each week includes 60-minutes of skills-training with your group leader.
ATTENDANCE: Group is a weekly commitment and your attendance is expected weekly, unless prior a prior obligation has been discussed with your group therapist. If you are prevented from attending group for any reason, you MUST notify your therapist (directly to their email address or by phone) 24 hours in advance.
I understand that the therapist/facilitator is not available 24 hours a day and that in a crisis situation, I should call 911. All participants are required to acknowledge this agreement prior to attending a therapy/group counseling session. Your purchase signifies that you have read, understood and are consenting to services provided by Creative Healing.
By my purchase of this group, I indicate that I have read carefully and understand the Group Consent, Policy and Agreements, and I agree to its terms and conditions. I have asked and had answered any questions I have concerning the Group, Consent, Policy and Agreements.